Following hot on the heels of Valentines Day, this year February 29th offers girls the advantage of being a Leap Year. Traditionally on this day usual laws were suspended including the rule that only men were allowed to propose. This meant that just once every four years women got the chance to pop the question. Custom also dictated that if he turned you down he had to buy you an expensive gift – it’s a win-win situation! If you’re thinking of taking the plunge this Leap Year here’s our guide to Windsor’s most romantic locations.
- Snow Hill in front of the Copper Horse – Take a stroll down the Long Walk heading up to the Copper Horse, with breathtaking views across Windsor and the distant Castle.
- River Boat Cruise – Suggest a delightful trip along the River Thames and soak up the stunning backdrops of Windsor Castle and Eton College.
- VIP Champagne Ride on the Royal Windsor Wheel - Enjoy the panoramic views from Alexander Gardens across Berkshire and all the way to London as you get down on one knee.
- Horse-drawn Carriage in Windsor Great Park - Surprise your loved one with a horse drawn carriage through the park, champagne and roses optional.
- The Pink Bench at Ascot Racecourse – The tradition of proposing on the Pink Bench dates back to the Regency period and has the added advantage of great odds for an acceptance.
Continuing the wedding theme, this coming Sunday 26th February Windsor is playing host to its first ever Windsor Wedding Fayre. The event will be jointly hosted by The Macdonald Windsor, Harte and Garter and Mercure Castle Hotels and promises to offer a fabulous showcase of banqueting suites and bridal packages. There will also be tours of the famous Windsor Guildhall wedding venue to Royalty and Celebs including Prince Charles & Camilla and Sir Elton John & David Furnish. To register your interest or book an exclusive viewing email email@example.com
If you would like to visit Windsor whether to make a proposal or to make wedding plans you can book a stay with Accommodation Windsor Limited for short stay apartments in Windsor and Eton. Likewise, Alma House Bed and Breakfast has a special offer during February and March if you book 2 nights together over the weekend your stay will be reduced and includes a free bottle of wine and box of chocolates to get you off to the perfect start.
Many thanks to superb Wedding Photographers Plenty to Declare for sharing their lovely photos with us.